Chocolate Love Waffles
When she’s had a tough day, she asks for waffles. When her math lesson has kicked her sideways, she asks for waffles. When her brother has gotten on her last nerve, she asks for waffles.
I think you are seeing the pattern here.
It would be an impossibility for us to feed her waffles every time she asks for them, but sometimes when we want to reach right to the center of her heart, we surprise her with a plate of waffles. This recipe touches my girl with all her favorite “loves”; chocolate, raspberries, and of course waffles.
For a long time after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease I wasn’t speaking my girls love language. It wasn’t until I found Cup 4 Cup flour that I began to once again feel the love. My girl was delighted and all was once again right in her world.
So if you want a special way to say “I love you” to someone in your life, whip up a batch of these Chocolate Love Waffles. Your special someone will taste your love at first bite!
Below are links for my preferred waffle maker and for the Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour that I absolutely love.
- 2 Cups Flour (To make these GF; use Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour)
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 3 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ Cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Stick Butter, Melted
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Whisk together your dry ingredients; flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients; milk, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, chocolate syrup, butter, and orange zest.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry and mix until smooth.
- Add batter to your preheated waffle iron to cook.