Spotlight Oil: Christmas Spirit
Background of: Christmas Sprit connects with the happiness and joy that is associated with Christmas time. It contains Orange, Spruce, and Cinnamon Bark to create a sweet, warm and spiced blend that everyone visiting for the holidays will love! Orange spreads happiness on those gloomy moments in your life. Cinnamon Bark brings feelings of joy and supports your immune system. Spruce grounds your body and it creates the balance necessary to receive and give during the holiday season. Christmas Spirit enhances those feelings and memories associated with Christmas time. A simpler, more magical, happier, and peaceful time. Diffuse this blend during Thanksgiving, Christmas and all winter long to help your family and friends think over the past and create new memories for the future.
- Helps with encouraging a positive outlook to your nervous system
- Support for colds, coughs and infections
- Can be beneficial for soothing and healing the respiratory system
- Combine 15–20 drops oil with 2 cups baking soda to create a DIY carpet cleaner. Sprinkle the combination on your carpet, let it sit for a couple hours, and vacuum to bring the scent of the season into your home
- Increases sexual libido
- Bring joy to the party by diffusing this warm, comforting aroma during holiday events
- Sprinkle some of the oil on your logs in the fireplace or on your Christmas tree!
- Topically: Dilute with V-6 oil or a carrier oil of your choice. Test on small area of skin on the underside of arm and apply to desired area as needed. Christmas Spirit may be a “HOT” oil due to the Cinnamon Bark. If your skin ever feels uncomfortable while you are using this oil; add more carrier oil to your application site.
- Aromatically: This scent is warm and spicy and is a great choice for making the air smell like Christmas time all year long. Use some of our scent companions from the “blends well with” section below.
- Crayola Air-Dry Clay
- Cutting board (with parchment paper) or craft mat
- Rolling pin
- Decorations (Christmas cookie cutters, decorative acrylic stamps, stamp blocks, glitter)
- Christmas Spirit essential oil
- Roll out the clay to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. Tip: If it’s too thick, the ornaments will be extra heavy on your tree. Once your clay is rolled out, begin cutting out shapes with the cookie cutters.
- Now comes the fun of decorating your ornaments. When you’re done decorating, use a pencil to create a hole in the top of your ornament, in order to insert a ribbon for hanging. Then let the ornaments dry for 24-48 hours.
- After drying, cut a piece of ribbon, about 4-6 inches in length. Poke the ribbon through each ornament hole, using a pencil or other sharp object to help get it through the hole. Now you can pick your favorite scents of essential oils, and add a few drops to your ornaments.