Strawberry Vinaigrette Summer Salad with Berries and Goat Cheese
Summer is the perfect time for salads. I love that when I serve a salad for dinner during the summer, there is no need for the house to feel like satan’s kitchen. Summer is also prime time for veggies and fruit, making the salads extra special delicious. But there are times when the family gets tired of the same old salad and creativity needs to come knocking. Enter, this delicious Summer Salad With Berries and Goat Cheese.
This salad is as pretty as it is delicious!
Dress it up with chicken and it makes a fabulous main meal. Leave out the chicken and it is a beautiful side dish.
I do feel as though we need to talk about the elephant in the room-or rather the goat. One of the things that puts this salad over the top, is the goat cheese.
You need to understand, I hate goat cheese. Blech (shudders)!
I have tried to like it in multiple restaurants, but always leave disappointed, with my mouth tasting like feet. So then why am I featuring it in this salad?
Because I simply adore this particular kind of goat cheese. LA Bonne Vie Blueberry Vanilla goat cheese is the only goat cheese that I have ever liked, much less enjoyed. I am not being sponsored by them, but feel a deep pull to share this deliciousness with you. It is what makes this salad so, so good. I beg you, even if you hate goat cheese, if you can find this in your market, promise me you will try it one more time in this salad. It may surprise you!!!
If you already love goat cheese, this is going to be your new go-to salad to wow you family and guests.
Putting It All Together
Start with a bed of mixed greens. Clean and slice your strawberries and place them over the greens. Wash your blueberries and place them in all the nooks and crannies between the strawberries. To add texture and crunch to the salad, add either walnuts or pecans (personally the pecans are the best in this salad, but use what you’ve got). Top the whole salad with the blueberry goat cheese and our Good To The Last Drop Strawberry Salad Dressing.
That is it. So simplistic in effort, but what a WOW in the flavor department. No need to heat up the house for dinners this summer. Promise me you will try it!!!!!
- 6 oz. Mixed Baby Greens Salad Mix
- 16 oz. Strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 pint Blueberries, cleaned
- 1 4 oz. Blueberry Vanilla (LA BONNE VIE) Goat Cheese
- 1 Cup Pecans, chopped
- For Vinaigrette:
- 1 Tbsp. Strawberry Jelly
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- To Make Your Vinaigrette: Whisk together dijon mustard and strawberry jelly until smooth. Slowly add in vinegar and olive oil. Continue whisking until completely emulsified. Set Aside.
- In a bowl begin by layering the greens, followed by the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Crumble the goat cheese and cover the top of the salad. The final touch is to spread the chopped pecans.
- Dress the salad with the dressing right before serving.