What You Can Do With an Extra 5 Minutes!
“I don’t have enough time to….”
How would you complete this sentence? Get organized, exercise, be intentional with the relationships in my life, or perhaps your answer might simply be to breathe and relax throughout the day.
What would you think if I told you that you only needed 5 minute stretches of time to be able to put a dent in all of the answers above and many more? Let’s look at the math!
5 Minutes a Day
x 7 Days a Week
x 52 Weeks a Year
1,820 Minutes or Approximately 30 Hours
Think of the multitude of things that could be accomplished in 30 hours. Think of how awesome a 30 hour nap sounds right now!!! Rarely are we given 30 hours of uninterrupted time, but if you took those 5 minute stretches while you are waiting in a carpool line, in the last 5 minutes before you need to pick up the kids from school, or even in the 5 minutes while the kids are brushing and getting ready for bed you can accomplish so many tasks to help you meet your productivity goals.
We have compiled a list of 30 tasks that you can accomplish in 5 minutes or less.
Ready, Set, Here We Go!
- Count your blessings. Keep a gratitude journal to list out as many blessings as you can think of in your 5 minutes. Watch as the whole perspective of your day will change.
- Shred paid bills and junk mail.
- Fold a basket of laundry. For an extra challenge set a timer and see how fast you can fold and put away a basket of laundry.
- Make your bed.
- Empty or load the dishwasher.
- Send a text to a friend or a loved one to let them know how much you appreciate them. Be specific.
- Schedule your annual physical, eye exam, or dentist appointment.
- Wipe down counter tops, or bathroom sink vanities.
- Refold the items in your messiest drawer.
- Tackle the items in your file pile.
- Clean out your car or the trunk of your car.
- Delete junk mail from your phone or computer.
- Unsubscribe from emails that you no longer read.
- Write a thank you note.
- Check expiration dates in your medicine cabinet.
- Clean out your purse, briefcase, diaper bag, or gym bag.
- Input collected business card information into your address book. Discard the cards.
- Read a chapter in a book.
- Memorize a Bible verse.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Do some crunches, leg lifts, sit ups, push-ups, or jumping jacks.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
- Write a love note to leave on the pillow of a loved one.
- Water a plant.
- Clean out a junk drawer.
- Clean up your DVR.
- Sweep or vacuum a floor.
- Wipe a shelf or 2 in your refrigerator.
- So the next time you find yourself between appointments or tasks, take advantage of that 5 minutes to tackle some of the items on this list.